CHORUS is a technological Cluster operating in the fields of Clean Energy, Clean Tech and
Circular Economy. It brings together companies and research entities located mainly in
the geographical area of Northern Greece. Aims to establish an arsenal of renewable and
zero / low carbon footprint technologies, transformable into innovative, integrated
products and solutions for the global markets.
CHORUS is the ideal working place for
- companies in the broader clean tech and circular economy areas (energy operators,
heavy energy consumers, industrial materials and raw materials producers, components
and equipment manufacturers, recycling units, service providers, etc),
- agents of the Research, Technology and Innovation Network and
- public administration bodies, business networks and non-governmental organisations
with interests in the clean tech and circular economy fields.
CHORUS is a non-profit legal entity and all prospective profits are invested
in cluster’s projects and activities for the benefit of its members.
Renewable Energy | Clean Processes | Energy efficiency | Resource Efficiency | Green
Services to its
Networking | Promotion & Communication | R&D Projects | Education & Training
| Research facilities
Services to the
CHORUS builds integrated sectoral and cross-sectoral value chains in order to offer a
competitive product/service portfolio covering the whole range of activities from the
generation of the first idea to the after sales service.
- Empowering a collaborative environment in order to create growth, innovation and
increased turnovers for the member companies along with job creation and
tangible social impacts locally and nationally.
- Supporting research, development and implementation of innovative clean solutions
that address energy and environmental challenges
- Increasing the international focus on Greek cleantech, especially by promoting
export of integrated solutions
- Empower opportunities and generate results through targeted R&D projects,
extroversion initiatives and entrepreneurial ways that build expertise, generate new
business opportunities and create jobs, directly benefiting CHORUS members and the
- Develop, test and implement new clean tech solutions in strong partnerships
supported by a dynamic ecosystem of unique testing facilities, exceptional research
expertise and a well-established knowledge sharing culture.
- Exploit the available natural resources, the existing industrial specialization, as
well as the human, technical and scientific resources in the region.
- Foster innovation in the products and services of its members.
- Provide a favorable framework for the Internationalisation of CHORUS companies.
- Seize opportunities for small- to medium-sized member companies in existing clean
tech focus areas
- Stimulate and advise State and local authorities on clean tech and circular economy
strategies and policy issues
The operational tasks of CHORUS are managed and executed by its five member Board of
Directors in accordance with the provisions and directives of the General Assembly.
The Board of
- Chairman: Dimitrios Konstantinidis (ESTIA)
- Secretary: Eleni Softa (SPANOS)
- Member: Ioannis Papadopoulos (ENGAIA)
- Member: Eleni Papaioannou (APTL/CERTH)
- Member: Evangelos Kosmidis (DRAXIS)